NO RULES! I love that about my quiet time with God. There is no formula, no procedure, and no right way or wrong way to be with Him. The most important part is that we are taking time to talk and be together. Just like any relationship, except that is the most important relationship I have.
Our teacher, Anne Rice, gave us some practical insights on what we can include in our quiet time with God today at Hearts:
- Pray – If you don’t know what to say, Pray God’s Word.
- Read the Bible
- Meditate on Scripture – Our Meditation Verse this week is: Ephesians 2:22 And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
- Memorize the Word
Setting aside quiet time with Jesus is not always easy. Some days it’s down right difficult with a screaming boss or active kids, too much work and not enough time…isn’t that the story of most of our lives. Anne shared today that it begins with…
- Discipline…turning into…
- Desire…I want to do this…
- Delight…I love to do this…
- Desperation….I NEED to do this!
I encourage you to listen to the Hearts Omaha podcast if you missed today’s teaching. It is worth another listen. http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hearts-omaha/id389582307
Take time to Journal this week:
1. What does your quiet time look like with the Lord?
2. What is your favorite part of spending time with the Lord in solitude?
3. Journal about a special quiet time you have had with the Lord and what was it that made it so special?
Food Schedule for 10/11 includes tables 6-10. Please bring a healthy snack to share with the group before 9am. We are always getting more requests for fruit, veggies, and casseroles.
Lisa Keith / Director of Lifegate Women : Hearts Coordinator